This work is a tribute to remarkable and quite unexpected flora recovery inside Chernobyl exclusion zone. Life prevailed against all odds.
Please take a look at full size.
This scene is made by using several programs:
- Maya with mental ray (modeling, light, textures, rendering)
- Mudbox (texturing, sculpting)
- ZBrush (terrain sculpting)
- UV Layout (for creating UV maps)
- Onyx (for generating trees)
- Ivy generator
- 13 tree species, 7 bush species, 5 other plant species with 6-7 shape variations.
- poly count: 3,000,000,000 (9000 trees, 2000 bushes, 2000 grass patches, 2000 random plants, high poly helicopter model, terrain).
- rendered with mental ray physical sun and sky.
- render time (animation ready, 1920x1080) - 25min
- render time (still frame, volumetric fog, 2400x1350) - 10 hours
©Vladimir Petkovic 2012. All Rights Reserved. | www.vladimirstudio.com