DARKBRAIN SEA MONSTER CONTEST – ENDS JULY 31, 2011
DarkBrain, LLC is looking for several amazing, never before seen, futuristic sea monsters to be in one of our upcoming stories (“God Play” which will run in 2012 on www.darkbrain.com). To make this fun, we are opening this up as a small contest and will select 3 winners. This is our first "art" contest that is about your ideas more than your drawing skill. You can, of course, draw them or use friends' work, or whatever you like - it is all up to you!
Objective: We need 3 different sea creatures - huge, magnificent, scary, terrifying, nasty, powerful and adept creatures. These creatures are formed from the imagination of one of our characters and become real, so they do not have to be as “realistic” – aka they are made, not evolved into. This means you can go pretty crazy here.
Goal: these sea monsters are meant to terrify humans – and for a size approximation we need from around a bus large to perhaps a commercial air plane – something large enough to be scary, but small enough to get around, swim away, come back, and be a general pain in the ass. The monster should be small enough to attack a single person effectively.
- 1st place winner: $100 Paypal money payment
- 2nd place winner: $75 Paypal money payment
- 3rd place winner: $50 Paypal money payment
- All winning entries will be drawn and coloured by our artists and featured on our website DarkBrain.com as part of our ongoing graphic novels, including God Play coming in 2012
- All winning entries will receive byline credits and a link to your profile on Shadowness IN the comics your character appears in!
NOTE: TWO WINNERS WILL BE DETERMINED BY HOW MANY FAVORITES THEY HAVE!!!
VERY IMPORTANT: please FAV entries you want to WIN! The top 2 will be selected (the 3rd wlll be selected by DarkBrain). BE SURE TO FAV !!! You can fav by getting a free Shadowness account.
- Only entries submitted to Shadowness (so you need a Shadowness.com account – they are free, grab one here: http://shadowness.com/signup )
- Put your entry(s) into your Shadowness gallery and then add the tag "DarkBrain Sea Monster" and it will be entered into our contest and show up here: http://shadowness.com/seamonster
- Your creature must have art of some kind (even if it is a doodle)
- You must describe your creature and why it is such a bad-ass
- Your creature must be unique and 100% your creation
- All winning entries will become copyright by DarkBrain with all rights
- You MUST have FUN doing this contest (else, why do it? Haha!!)
Anything you'd like to know, please ask! As in the case of the 'for the win' contest, by adding the 'for the win' tag and contest information to their artwork the artwork in question will automatically be drafted to the group gallery. That is how you'll make sure that your entries are solid. I'll have no problem helping out with a contest feature too, if you like.
I'm ready to announce and will do so on my channels! Please do what you can to promote it too. I decided to have 2 winners selected based on number of FAVs here - so that will hopefully get people to join Shadowness and give it a spin!
I like that you guys are doing contests, but I don't like the small font on their site, some of their content (the storylines were not compelling) or the compensation for full copyright claim.. so I will pass on this one. ♥
This is awsome! i love scary,nasty, F'd up creatures :D. will the artists who win get noticed for their work? what i mean is, it's not going to be completely copyrighted without saying who drew it right?