CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO TUTORIAL!
basically it's more like a demonstration of how a photo can be painted over and manipulated to make it look like a ' painting'. Nothing much here just fooling around :p. Took only a few hours. All the steps are explained in the subtitles in the video. Done with Photoshop CS3
text, for those who cannot read fast enough:
- smudged the skin using round brushes at 20% strength and hair with spackled brush at around 69% strength
-filled the background with a neutral grey colour
-made a new layer, set the layer blending mode to Soft Light and brushed some light blue over the skin and some reddish brown along the hairline and the hair at the back
-painted over the face and neck, removed dark circles and blemishes, and generally smoothed out the skin
-used the Liquify tool to nudge and slim down the face shape, jawline, raise cheekbones, enlarge the eyes and raised the eyebrows.Dodged in and painted over the irises.
-painted over the face and hair. Changed the head shape and used even more of the Liquify tool to slim down the torso area.
- made another layer, fill it with a neutral grey colour and set that layer to Overlay. Used layer mask to erase out the area on the skin and hair
- made another layer and set that layer's blending mode to Colour. Used a medium soft round brush in blue to tone down the orange. Set the layer opacity to about 60%
- made another layer and this time the blending mode is set to Normal. Painted over the shoulder and arms to smooth them out.
- painted in eyelashes, highlighted the nose, lips and face using round brushes set to Normal and Colour Dodge modes
- fill in the background, Done.