This is a meal we cook often. It's a popular thai dish. Just like the Japanese, we eat a tiny portion of rice (about half a bowl = 25g of carb). The soup has mushrooms, pineapple, ginger, coriander, tomatoes and chicken. No added sugar: all the sweetness comes from the pineapple.
Full recipe for about 12 servings:
- 1 Pineapple cut in cubes
- Mushrooms (I recommend chinese mushrooms because they're so good)
- Shrimps (Can boil them separate)
- 0.5kg Chicken or more if you need protein
- About 6 cups of water
- 2 tbsp of salt (more or less depending on your taste)
- 2 tbsp of fish sauce
- 30g of ginger
- 4 tomatoes cut in cubes
- 30g of coriander
- 1 tbsp of Chili Paste with Sweet Basil Leaves
- 2 tbsp of Instant Hot and sour Paste
- 1 tea spoon of tamarind soup base (optional if you like sour)
Boil water to boiling point. Once it boils, put fire to medium. Add chicken for 5 mins. Then, add Chili Paste, Instant Hot and sour Paste and tamarind soup base, pineapple, add ginger, mushrooms and cook for another 15 mins. Add Tomatoes, cook for 10 mins. Finally add the coriander last, and shrimp as well (since they become hard when they're overcooked).